English Model Questions for Bank Jobs
Question and Answer from English Literature
- ‘To be or not to be‘ is the beginning of a famous soliloquy from – Hamlet.
- The father of English Poem – Geoffrey Chaucer
- Francis Bacon is an – Essayist
- ‘Renaissance’ means – the revival of learning
- Elizabethan tragedy is centered on – Revenge
- Most famous satirist in English literature – Jonathan Swift
- A lexicographer is a person who writes – dictionaries
- The father of English Novel – Daniel Defoe
- The English Poet who addicted to opium – S.T. Coleridge
- The Golden Age of English Literature – the Elizabethan Age
- The author of the book ‘Asian Drama ‘ is – Gunnar Myrdal
- Protagonist indicates –the leading character in a play
- A sonnet is a poem having fourteen lines
- ‘Blank Verse’ is a kind of verse –having no rhyming end
- The real name of O’Henry – William Sydney Porter.
- ‘To Daffodils‘ is written by – Robert Herrick
- Goethe is the greatest poet of – Germany
- ‘Romeo and Juliet‘ is a tragedy
- ‘A Passage to India‘ is written by – E.M Forster
- William Blake was both -a poet and painter
- The full name of the tragedy ‘Dr.Faustus‘ – The Tragic History of Doctor Faustus
Grammatical Section Fill in the gaps:
- Man has no escape from death.
- A drowning man catches at a straw.
- Alcohol is injurious to health.
- I cannot part with the man.
- The girl looks after her grandmother.
- She was sliding into depression.
- A style of reporting must confirm to the prevailing practice.
- He is not ashamed of his mistake.
- He died from over eating.
- I count on your help.
- People usually differ in their opinions.
- Ali is the stronger of the two brothers.
- We shall return before the sun sets.
- When water freezes it turns into ice.
- Do not interfere with nature.
Question and Answer from Science and Technology
- Full form of ‘CNG’ is – Compressed Natural Gas
- A bit is binary representation and can take either of the two values – 0 or 1
- Chemical name of Alum used for purifying water is – Aluminum Sulphate
- Steam Engine was invented by – James Watt
- Electricity consumption or use is measured in – KWH ( Kilo Watt per hour)
- The remotest planet in the solar system – Neptune
- The natural temperature of human body in Celsius scale is -36.9 degree Celsius
- We receive Vitamin D from – Sunshine
- The most distinctive difference between a LAN and a WAN is – Distance covered
- Earthquakes are recorded – Seismograph
- The longest day is in the month of – June
- ‘IRATOM’ is a – One kind of highbred rice
- In nature the hardest material -diamond
- ‘Red Planet’ is called – the Mars
- A device that reads text and images directly into computer is called – Scanner
- WWW stands for – World Wide Web
- The apparatus to measure purity of milk is – Lactometer
- MS Excel is a – Spreadsheet Software
- ‘My Document’ by default located at – C Drive
- Father of the personal computer/ computing – Dr. Henry Edward
Question and Answer from International Affairs
- Name of the European common currency – Euro
- OIC is established in – 1969
- The first postage stamp in the world – Penny Black
- Pearl Harbor, where the American Pacific Fleet was stationed, was attacked by Japanese in – 1941
- The second largest Muslim Country in the world is – Pakistan
- The most importer country in the world – the USA
- The name of the organization working worldwide against corruption – Transparency International
- The world’s largest nuclear power station – Kashiwazaki Kariwa(Japan)
- SAARC Agriculture Information Centre (SAIC) is situated in – Dhaka
- Largest city of India – Mumbai
- Reuters is a – News Agency
- The largest tea exporter country in the world – Sri Lanka
- The Headquarters of Islamic Development Bank (IDB) – Jeddah
- Number of Permanent members of UN Security Council is – 5
- Previous name of Japan – Nippon
- ‘Line of Control‘ -is situated between – India and Pakistan
- Elaboration of IBSA is – India, Brazil and South Africa
- Wall Street is – The Stock Exchange Market in New York.
- The name of Indonesian Currency – Rupiah
- The World Bank is an – International Financial Institution
- IDA, organization of the World Bank is known as the -‘Soft Loan Window’
The brain of a computer – Micro Processor
CAD stands for –Computer Aided Design
Key Board of a computer is an Input Device
Unix is an –Operating System.
A computer virus is a computer program
“ORACLE” is a –database software
RAM in computer stands for – Random Access memory
The “ Add or Remove” programs utility can be found in – Control Panel
“Windows” is a computer software developed by “Microsoft Corporation”
Opera, IE (Internet Explorer),Mozilla, Google Chrome are – Internet Browsing Software
Second Largest (area) country in the world – Canada
East and West Germany were united in the year – 1990
The preferential trade arrangements among the SAARC countries are known as –SAPTA
‘Port Blayer’ island is in Indian Ocean
Name of the currency of Brunei – Brunei dollar
Capital of Brunei – Bandar Seri Bhagwan
“Tahrir Square “ is located in – Cairo, Egypt
“Sejm” is the name of the Parliament of – Poland
Name of the father of modern democracy – John Locke
Fiscal year of USA starts in -1st October
“Knesset” is the name of the parliament of – Israel
“SABENA” is a famous airline of Belgium
Old Name of “Ethiopia” – Abyssinia
Name of the architect of Sydney Opera House – John Utzon (Denmark)